How Pupils Sign Up
This section provides an overview of the user experience for pupils when they use self-signup links to register with you.
When a pupil uses a sign-up link to register themselves with you they will be presented with a form to fill in. This form encourages the pupil to provide as much information as they can, making your job and that of administrators easier and allowing you to focus on your pupil's teaching needs.
See Sign Up Links for details of how to provide pupils with sign up links.
- First Names - the pupil's first and middle names.
- Surname - the pupil's surname.
- Date of Birth - the pupil's date of birth. Will show a date chooser popup.
- Email Address - the pupil's email address - will be used to create their account and allow them to log in one their sign up has been processed. See Processing & Managing Pupil Sign Ups for more details.
- Mobile Telephone - the pupil's mobile telephone number.
- Address - the pupil's home address.
- Driving Licence Number (optional) - if the pupil enters this it can help to save you administrative time.
- Previous Experience - the pupil can toggle this to indicate that they have previous experience.
- Approx. Experience Hours (shown if 8. above is toggled) - the pupil can indicate the approximate number of hours of experience they have.
- Theory Test Status - the pupil can toggle this to indicate that they have passed their theory test.
- Theory Test Pass Date (shown if 10. above is toggled) - the pupil can provide the date that they passed their theory test.
- Intensive Course - the pupil can toggle this to indicate that they required an intensive teaching course.
- Training Type - the type of training (Manual, Automatic etc.) that the pupil requires.
- Availability - the pupil can indicate when they are normally available for lessons. This can be used when processing the sign up to allocate a suitable instructor. These times are also automatically added to the pupil's record when they are signed up. See Pupil Availability and Processing & Managing Pupil Sign Ups for more details.
- Callback - the pupil can request that you or a a school administrator call them back to discuss their needs. This section may not be available to the pupil if your school administrator has not enabled sign up callbacks.
- Callback Telephone - the pupil must specify a suitable phone number if they require a callback.
- Callback Time - the pupil can choose a preferred time at which they wish to be called. A school administrator can change the available time slots. This may not be available to the pupil if your school administrator has not enabled sign up callback time slots.
- Send Email Receipt - will send a receipt acknowledging sign up using the Email Address specified previously (see step 4 above).
- Send Text Message Receipt - will send a receipt acknowledging sign up using the Mobile Telephone specified previously (see step 5 above).
- Submit - clicking/tapping this button will submit the form and record a new sign up. You will be sent a notification encouraging you to process this sign up and enrol your pupil. If the pupil has requested a specific callback time slot a follow-up reminder will automatically be created. See Processing & Managing Pupil Sign Ups for more details.
Once the pupil submits the form they will be presented with a confirmation message: