In-App Card Payments
Note: If your school administrator has not enabled and set up in-app payments for your school then these features will not be available.
For help accessing this page see Recording & Collecting Pupil Payments.
Once set up, in-app card payments will allow you to take card payments directly from pupils as payment for lessons & other items.
To do this we use an external payment provider. Currently we only support Stripe. For more information regarding Stripe see stripe.com.
There are 2 ways that in-app payments can be set up by a school admin:
- All payments can be made to a school owned Stripe account.
- Some instructors can be set up to have payments from their pupils made directly to their own Stripe accounts, with fallback to your school's account.
By default all payments are taken on behalf of pupils by school admins or instructors. However your school admin can enable the ability for pupils to make direct payments using their online account:
- For more details on how this works see Pupil Direct Payments for details.
By enabling in-app payments with Stripe you are agreeing to the fees deducted by Stripe and Driving School Office from any payments processed.
- See Stripe Fees for details of per-transaction fees taken by Stripe.
- See Card Fee Information in the app for details of per-transaction fees taken by Driving School Office. You must be logged in to see this information as it is based on the rate set for your school.
If your school is not allowing you to take payments directly into your own Stripe account you will not see an In-app Card Payments section under the settings tab. All payments will be made to the school owned Stripe account.
If your school has allowed you to take direct payments into your own Stripe account this will be able to see this in the current status:
In-App Payments Not enabled
If you have not yet enabled in-app payments you should click/tap the 'Enable' link. This will show the settings popup:
Clicking/tapping the 'Authorise & Enable' link next to your chosen provider will start the authorisation & setup process.
Continue setup here:
In-App Payments Enabled
If you have previously enabled in-app payments you should click/tap the 'Change' link. This will show the settings popup:
- Change link - Start the authorisation & setup process again. This is how you can change the provider account you are syncing with, or solve issues related to expired credentials.
- Disable link - Stop using the payment provider. If you disable a provider you will no longer receive payments from your pupils directly into your own Stripe account. All payments will then be made to the school owned Stripe account. You will need use the 'Save' button to apply your changes before the provider will be disabled.
Once you have successfully linked your Stripe account with in-app payments, you will receive payments from your pupils directly into your own Stripe account. your pupils will also be able to make payments themselves if your school admin has enabled this feature; see Pupil Direct Payments for more details.