Customising the Syllabus
To customise your teaching syllabus, you can select the ‘Syllabus’ item from the menu:
This will take you through to the syllabus list which provides you with access to all of your available syllabuses:
The layout of the lists is different for the Desktop & Mobile interfaces, but the functionality remains the same.
- Syllabus (expanded) - All syllabus items belong to a syllabus. You cannot add new syllabuses or remove existing ones.
- New Syllabus Item - Add a syllabus item to the syllabus. See Adding & Editing Syllabus Items for details.
- System Default Item - A syllabus item provided by the system. Available to all instructors to use. Cannot be changed or deleted.
- Custom Item, Your School's - A syllabus item added by a school administrator. Available to all instructors to use. Cannot be changed or deleted by you, only by a school administrator.
- Custom Item, Yours - A syllabus item added by you. Available for your use only. To edit the syllabus item click/tap on it. To delete the syllabus item use the 'Delete' link. See Deleting a Custom Syllabus Item for details.
To add a new syllabus item click/tap the 'New' button at the top of the appropriate syllabus.
This will show the new syllabus item popup:
- Name - will be shown to instructors when recording progress etc. Keep it short and descriptive
- Rating Type - what sort of star rating should be used when an instructor records progress. You can choose a 5 or 3 star scale.
- Description (optional) - can be used to provide guidance on the use of the item.
Click/tap 'Save' to create the syllabus item.
You can edit syllabus items that were added by you:
You cannot edit syllabus items provided by your school (unless you are also a School Admin) or provided by the system:
To edit a custom syllabus item click/tap on it to show the edit dialog:
Click/tap 'Save' to save your changes to the syllabus item.
To delete a syllabus item use the 'Delete' link within the syllabus item:
You will be asked to confirm deletion. Choose 'Yes' to delete the syllabus item.
Once deleted a syllabus item will not longer be available to select when recording progress. Existing progress reports using the deleted syllabus item will still show as using the item unless you change them manually. Statistics and reports will also still include the deleted syllabus item if one or more existing lesson progress reports uses it.