How Instructors Sign Up
This section provides an overview of the user experience for instructors when they respond to your invites to register with you.
When an instructor uses an invitation link to register themselves with you they will be presented with a form to fill in. This form encourages the instructor to provide as much information as they can, making your job and that of administrators easier and allowing you to focus on your instructor's induction.
See Inviting an Instructor for details of how to invite instructors.
Sign Up - What Instructors See
- First Names - the pupil's first and middle names. Pre-populated from the original invite.
- Surname - the pupil's surname. Pre-populated from the original invite.
- Email Address - the instructor's email address - will be used to create their account and allow them to log in one their sign up has been processed. See Processing & Managing for more details. Pre-populated from the original invite.
- Mobile Telephone - the instructor's mobile telephone number. This can be used to receive a receipt - see item 13 below.
- Address - the instructor's home address.
- DSA ADI Number (optional) - reassures your pupils that your instructor is professional. This will be accessible to pupils once they are signed up.
- Landline Telephone (optional) - a landline telephone number.
- Alternative Email Address - an alternative, backup email address.
- Profile (optional) - your instructor's bio. We suggest a short, friendly description of their experience and offering. This will be accessible to pupils once they are signed up.
- Car Details (optional) - give new pupils an idea of what they will be driving. This will be accessible to pupils once they are signed up.
- Working Hours - see the Instructor Documentation - Working Hours section for more details.
- Send Email Receipt - will send a receipt acknowledging sign up using the Email Address specified previously (see step 3 above).
- Send Text Message Receipt - will send a receipt acknowledging sign up using the Mobile Telephone specified previously (see step 4 above).
- Submit - hitting this button will submit the form and move the sign up to the Open (Responded) state. You will be sent a notification encouraging you to process this sign up and enrol your instructor. See Processing & Managing for more details.
Once the pupil instructor submits the form they will be presented with a confirmation message: