You can add custom expense categories for use by all of your instructors.
Select the 'Categories' tab.
The layout of the lists is different for the Desktop & Mobile interfaces, but the functionality remains the same.
- Category Group (expanded) - All categories belong to a category group. You cannot add new groups or remove existing ones.
- New Category - Add a category to the category group. See Adding & Editing Categories for details.
- Custom Category - A category added by you or another school administrator. Available to all instructors to use. To edit the category click/tap on it. To delete the category use the 'Delete' link. See Deleting a Category for details.
- System Default Category - A category provided by the system. Available to all instructors to use. Cannot be changed or deleted.
- Category Group (collapsed) - Click to expand.
To add a new category click/tap the 'New' button at the top of the appropriate category group.
This will show the new category popup:
At a minimum you should provide a name. Keep it short and descriptive.
The description is optional, but can be used to provide guidance on the use of the category.
Click/tap 'Save' to create the category.
You can edit categories that were added by you or another school administrator:
You cannot edit categories provided by the system:
To edit a custom category click/tap on it to show the edit dialog:
Click/tap 'Save' to save your changes to the category.
To delete a category use the 'Delete' link within the category item:
You will be asked to confirm deletion. Choose 'Yes' to delete the category.
Once deleted a category will not longer be available to select when adding a new expense. Existing expenses using the deleted category will still show as using the category unless you change them manually. Statistics and reports will also still include the deleted category if one or more expenses use it .