Managing Your School's Subscription
This feature is only available to School Admin users.
To manage your school's subscription, you can select the ‘Subscription’ item from the menu:
This will open the Subscription popup which provides you with control over your school's subscription:
Here you can manage your school's subscription. You can:
- Change how often you wish to be billed - Monthly, Quarterly or Yearly.
- Toggle Text Messaging - enable or disable the sending of text messages (additional cost).
- Set or change your payment card.
- Change your VAT registration details.
- Cancel Your Subscription.
- View Your Invoices.
- View Historic Text Message Usage.
The layout of the tab is different for the Desktop & Mobile interfaces, but the functionality remains the same.
- Current Subscription - Your current subscription. Click another period to change how often you are billed. See Changing for more details.
- Total Amount - how much you will be paying per period based on the period selected above. If you are on a free trial you will not be charged for text messages until your trial ends.
- Status Summary - details of the current billing period, last payment and free trial (if any).
- Enable Text Messaging - Toggle this to enable/disable text messaging.
- See Recent Text Message Usage Link - click/tap this link to takes you to the 'Text Usage' tab. See Text Usage for more details.
- Current Text Message Rate - How much you are currently being billed per text message. If you are on a free trial you will not be charged for text messages until your trial ends.
- Your Current Payment Card - use the 'Change' action to set or change your payment card. You must use 'Apply Changes' for any change here to take effect. You may be asked to complete extra verification, known as 3D Secure, when entering new card details. See 3D Secure Verification for details.
- VAT Registration Details - if you are UK VAT registered you must tell us. Toggle this and enter your VAT number into the box that appears.
- Apply Changes - saves & applies any subscription and/or payment card changes changes you have made.
- Cancel Subscription - set you subscription to end at the end of your current billing period. See Cancelling for more details.
Some customers, mostly those using cards issued by European banks, will occasionally be asked to verify and approve subscription payments.
This will be done using 3D Secure (eg. Verified by Visa, Mastercard SecureCode) and will take the form of an email from our payment provider. See 3D Secure Verification for more details.
Click another period to change how often you are billed. Use the 'Apply Changes' button to apply the change.
Changes will not take effect until the next billing period.
If you close and then re-open the the 'Manage Subscription' popup you will see an orange border confirming that your new rate will start at the next billing period:
If you wish to cancel your subscription you should use the 'Cancel Subscription' button. You will be asked to confirm your choice.
If you close and then re-open the the 'Manage Subscription' popup you will see a warning notice confirming that your subscription will be cancelled at the end of the billing period:
To restore your subscription after you have cancelled, or your subscription has been terminated due to failed payments, you should use the 'Restore Subscription' button. You will need ensure you provide up to date card details as any outstanding invoice payments will collected when you restore. Restoration will fail if payment fails. See Invoices for more details.
For more information of payment failures see How We Handle Subscription Payment Failures for more details.
Click/tap the 'View My Invoice History' link in the 'Summary' tab to view your franchise invoices.
The list shows the following information:
- Date - The date the invoice was/will be billed. This is the same as the end date for the associated billing period.
- Status - 'Pending': the invoice for the current billing period (un-billed & unpaid); Paid: an historic invoice which is paid; Failed: an historic invoice for which payment has failed.
- Sub Total - The invoice total for all items before any VAT or sales tax.
- VAT/Sales Tax - A summary of all tax amounts for the invoice.
- Total - The invoice total for all items plus any VAT or sales tax.
The layout of the invoice list is different for the Desktop & Mobile interfaces, but the functionality remains the same.
Click a row to expand it and see details of all items on that invoice.
Click the actions link on the right and choose from the following (the 'Pending' invoice has no actions):
- Printable View - Shows a print-friendly view of your invoice suitable for producing paper copies. See Getting a Printable Invoice for details.
Tap a row and choose from the following:
- Printable View - Shows a print-friendly view of your invoice suitable for producing paper copies. See Getting a Printable Invoice for details. Not available for the 'Pending' invoice.
On the desktop invoice list click actions and select the 'Printable View' option.
On the mobile invoice list tap a row and select the 'Printable View' option. Not available for the 'Pending' invoice.
An example print-friendly invoice is shown below:
If you think anything is incorrect please contact support.
This invoice is suitable for printing directly from your browser to A4 size paper. You can also 'print' directly to PDF using a third-party printer driver such as CutePDF and some newer versions of Windows even have the ability to print to PDF built in.
This list shows a history of text message usage for current & past billing periods. You cannot change anything. It is for information only.
The layout of the text message usage list is different for the Desktop & Mobile interfaces, but the functionality remains the same.
- Usage for Billing Period - shows usage for the billing period shown.