Accounting & Invoice Settings
This feature is only available to School Admin users.
To manage your school's accounting settings you can select the ‘Accounting’ item from your dashboard.
These settings control various aspects of accounting related features within the app, such as statistics & reports, expenses & franchises.
- Current Financial Year - the current financial year. This is automatically changed at the end of the year. It used by reports and statistics to provide appropriate date ranges for data.
- Default Accounting Standard - currently this only controls the available expense categories. See Expenses - Customising Categories for more details.
- Billing Defaults for New Instructors - controls the default values for instructor invoice billing periods. This can be changed on a per-instructor basis. Instructor billing includes franchise fees etc. See Instructor Franchise Summary - Billing Period for more details.
Click/tap the 'Save' button to commit your changes.
These settings control the appearance of and information available on invoices generated for instructors at the end of their billing periods. These invoices include franchise fees etc.
See Instructor Franchise Summary - Invoices for more details.
- Invoice Number Prefix - invoice numbers are automatically generated, but you can customise the prefix for the number.
- Company Logo - opens the Image Uploader & Editor tool. This logo will appear at the top of your school's invoices. Defaults to the value from your school's profile (if set).
- Office Telephone - a telephone number to show on your school's invoices. Defaults to the value from your school's profile (if set).
- Office Email - an email address to show to show on your school's invoices. Defaults to the value from your school's profile.
- Website - a website URL to show on your school's invoices. Defaults to the value from your school's profile (if set).
- Company Name - the company name to show on your school's invoices. Defaults to the school name from your school's profile.
- Registered Address - the company's registered address to show on your school's invoices. Defaults to the school address from your school's profile (if set).
- Company Registration Number - the company's registration number (if any) to show on your school's invoices.
- Invoice Notes - notes to show in the footer of your school's invoices. Could be used to communicate information regarding payment by bank transfer etc.
- Populate Values from School Profile - automatically populates the fields in points 2 - 9 from your school's profile. This will overwrite any value you have changed since loading the page.
- Tax Rate Settings - Use a Custom Tax Rate - keep un-toggled to apply a pre-defined tax rate to your invoices. If you toggle this you will be able to enter a custom tax percentage.
- Tax Rate Settings - Default Tax Rate - choose a predefined tax rate to apply to your invoices.
- Preview Invoice - shows an example invoice using the values entered in the aforementioned fields. See Invoice Preview for more details. You do not need to save your changes for this to work, so you can ensure everything looks just right before committing your changes. Will open in a separate tab/window, depending on browser settings.
- Save - click/tap the 'Save' button to commit your changes.
Allows you to preview changes you have made to invoice settings before you commit them: