How We Handle Subscription Payment Failures
This section details how we try to avoid and ultimately handle payment failures in relation to your school's subscription.
Ensure your payment card details are up to date. If you are issued a new card you should update your details with us as soon as possible.
The most common causes of payment failures are:
- Expired cards - make sure you keep your card details up to date. See Managing My School's Subscription for details.
- Failed payment verification - you may occasionally be asked to complete extra verification for regular subscription payments. If this verification process is not completed within 7 days your school will be disabled. See 3D Secure - Regular Payment Verification for details.
Ensure sufficient funds are available before billing date, you can view your current pending invoice to check the amount due at the next billing date. See Managing My School's Subscription - Invoices for details.
We send notification emails to all School Admin users in the following situations:
- 3 days before the end of your school's trial (if any) - the message will inform you if you have any card details entered or not.
- At the end of your school's trial (if any) - the message will inform you if you have any card details entered or not.
- 10 days before your current payment card expires (if set).
- On the day your current payment card expires (if set).
- Upon payment failures. See When Failure Occurs for more details.
A payment failure occurs when our app tries to collect charge your card to pay a pending invoice and fails. This can be for many reasons, but the most common reasons are declined payments & expired cards.
We will retry payment:
- 1 day after the first payment failure.
- 3 days after the second payment failure.
- 7 days after the third payment failure.
- If all of these attempts fail we will automatically cancel your subscription.
For each failure we send notification emails to all School Admin users.
If your subscription is cancelled due to payment failure your users will be effected in different ways depending on their role(s):
School Admin users will be able to log in to the system, but will immediately be redirected to the subscription status and payment page. All other features within the app will be unavailable to them until payment is made.
This page behaves similarly to the 'Manage Subscription' popup. See Managing My School's Subscription for details.
To restore your subscription you should enter valid card details and use the 'Restore Subscription' button. Upon successful payment you will be redirected to your dashboard and all others users will be able to log in again.
All users other than School Admins will be forcibly logged out and subsequently unable to log in. They will be presented with a message when attempting to log in:
For these users to regain access a School Admin will need to log in an restore the school's subscription, see Restoring Subscription for details.